Machine Learning ConsultantPosted: 2 months ago
Job Title: Machine Learning Consultant
Location-: Dallas TX
The ideal candidate will have 10 - 12 years of experience in business and technology transformation consulting role or business process improvement and change management role. 6-8 years' experience in analytics advisory/ consulting with at least 2 years focused on Client advisory capacity in any industry domain. At least 3-5 years of experience in professional consulting firms in any industry vertical is preferred.
Ideal candidate will also have technical capabilities in implementation of business process management (BPM), Client model prototypes, and associated tools/ commercial products.
Process transformation - Mandatory
- Engage with financial services customers and understand their current business/ operating model, leverage external industry trends and relationships to recommend future operating models and associated target state processes relevant to one of the focus domains listed above.
- Ability to advise on Client based optimization of data intensive processes, match various Client models with appropriate use cases, and help clients manage the impact and opportunities arising from disruption due to Client.
- Develop roadmap for business/ operations/ process transformations and guide implementation of associated change management in organization/ technology.
- Define processes for compliance/ control/ escalations in operations, SLA/KPI's, measurement techniques, governance procedures, etc.
- Depending on type of process (creative, rule based, judgement based, data intensive, labor intensive, etc.), employ various techniques from Design Thinking, Customer Journey Mapping and Data Science, etc. to develop target state process optimizations
- Document process specifications in BPM tools such as ARIS, IBM BPM, etc. as needed.
- Process transformation/ Client - Mandatory
- Evaluate business processes in banking and financial services critically to assess potential for application of Client and associated technologies.
- Match Client models with use cases in banking and financial services based on pros and cons.
- Assess functional fit between specific financial services use cases and Client products and tools to make recommendations to customers.
- Participate in evaluation and comparison of Client tools as a Client expert.
- Participate in consulting engagements with financial services clients to conceive and develop Client proof of concepts (POC's) and prototypes as well as roadmaps for pilots and production.
General responsibilities - Mandatory
- Lead client consulting engagements and mentor junior consultants and other technical staff in the project as needed.
- Interact with management and business stakeholders in analyzing current and target state processes to meet business needs.
- Articulate business requirements as user stories or other formats as required for agile development teams.
- Facilitate workshops, gather requirements from SME's and develop deliverable documents such as business cases, process flows, business rules, knowledge representations, taxonomy/ data models, ontology/ dictionaries, etc.)
- Engage clients, ensure client satisfaction in consulting deliverables to gain their mind share
- Establish personal credibility and develop relationships with clients to be able to engage with them on future business/ operating/ technology strategies and related discussions.
- Leverage client relationships for support in business development pursuits
- Skills and knowledge - Mandatory
- In-depth knowledge in analyzing and visualizing data, pros/ cons of various Client models:
- Statistical models clustering, regression, Gradient boost, random forest, etc.
- Neural nets RNN, CNN, Auto encoders, etc.
- Learning modes supervised, unsupervised, reinforcement, etc.
- Hands-on skills in commercial or open source based Client products or toolkits (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Metron, Kafka, Tensor flow, Scikit, etc)
- Hands-on skills and knowledge of data science tools such as taxonomy, data modeling, graph theory, geometry, greedy algorithms, recursion, statistical models, mathematical models, neural nets, dynamic programming, Client/ AI, simulations, search/ sort, simple data ETL (extract/ transform/ load), etc.
- Ability to capture and define multiple aspects of business processes pursuing multiple threads in parallel process flows, pain points, operational issues such as KPI's, SLA's, compliance/ controls/ governance, process transformation needs (standardization, simplification, elimination), etc.
- Passion for excellence in operations, processes, and systems
- Excellent consulting, problem solving, creative thinking, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, uncertainty and come up with alternative solutions
- Ability to handle multiple and often conflicting priorities
- Excellent client facing, people and conflict handling skills
- Ability to communicate with executive/ CxO level stakeholders
- Assume operational responsibility and accountability for consulting assignments and extended delivery teams when needed
- Ability and flexibility to work with onsite/ offshore execution models
- Strong computer skills; proficiency in Microsoft applications (MS Visio, Advanced MS Excel including macros, logic functions, solver, etc., MS PowerPoint) and comfort with learning and using new software tools
Qualifications and other requirements
- 4-year college degree in financial/ computer science/ related disciplines
- Must be willing to travel up to 100%
- Data science/ Client related certifications preferred
- Design thinking certification preferred