SQL Technical AnalystPosted: 3 weeks ago
- Provides leadership in the area of defining and maintaining best practices for report creation and organization.
- Provides leadership for data selection processing methods and frameworks, and provides direction in defining and maintaining best practices for data selection processing.
- Defines, designs, and implements data selection processes to be run using current Microsoft SQL Server tools.
- Creates mailing files from data selection files using licensed postal software.
- Determines user requirements and recommends solutions with support standards where appropriate, such as NCOA permitting with the US Government Client.
- Uploads data to vendor FTP sites.
- Works with customers and departments to set up and run needed data selections, and provides pertinent selected data to requesters.
- Provides responsive, timely support on data selection request issues and questions.
- Assists in daily Information Technology (IT) operations including, but not limited to diagnosing problems and completing regularly scheduled activities .
- Researches, understands, and implements reporting needs, and utilizes SSRS tools to meet critical business needs.
- Produces both simple and complex reports to meet critical business needs.
- Identifies and communicates opportunities to reduce duplication of effort.
- Communicates proactively with key users to provide status reports on data selection requests.
- Stays abreast of changes and modifications to SQL tables and data structure of databases.
MARGINAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Keeps abreast of new technology
- Completes special projects or other tasks assigned by management in specified time frame and in quality manner
- Reports to Application Development Manager.
- Works closely with other IT groups and various departments and other business units.
- Has no supervisory responsibilities.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Two-year college degree in related discipline, or equivalent related work experience.
- One year or more of professional SQL programming experience.
- Understanding of First Logic and Quadrient software products desired.
- Ability to quickly learn new technology.
- Knowledge of client/server architecture.
- Strong desire to support and monitor IT software and hardware standard compliance.
- Microsoft SQL 2008/2012/2014/2016 experience required.
- Significant experience with Microsoft SSRS, and SSIS tools required.
- Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office experience required.
- Consistent ability to see projects through to timely, quality completion.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work productively in a progressive IT environment.
- Ability to self-start, to prioritize tasks, and to remain organized.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to make attention to detail and accuracy a high priority.
- Consistent high level of integrity and professionalism.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and to adapt readily to frequently-changing circumstances, priorities, and demands.
- Work is typically performed in a conventional office and technology environment Extended daily, weekly, evening, and weekend work hours may be required.
TOP THREE IMPORTANT SKILLS:
- SQL capabilities
- Loves digging through data