Infrastructure Project ManagerPosted: 4 weeks ago
Candidate will be responsible for performing all of the following job duties:
• Layout and design technology systems, including voice, data, structured cabling (horizontal and vertical), audio visual, security, access control, intrusion detection, and other low-voltage systems, including inside and outside plant.
• Coordinate system scope, design layout and drawings with client and other disciplines.
• Perform site visits for documentation of existing system and building conditions.
• Effective communication skills with a team-oriented attitude
• Perform telecommunications, IT and low voltage systems analysis and develop appropriate system concepts, layouts, and details.
• Document construction drawings with design concept suitable for plan check, bidding and construction.
• Oversee projects from inception through final transition working with senior management, client and subcontractors ensuring the schedules, and resources remain in check
• Proven ability to resolve complex design problems
• Prepare technical specifications.
• Review and evaluate shop drawings and product submittals.
• Visit construction sites to inspect work in progress or completed.
• Prepare Design Analysis and Engineering Reports.
• Perform additional duties as assigned by the Director of Technology.
• Provide design and production support for other project related tasks such as lighting and power design.
Candidate shall meet the following requirements:
• Minimum of 8 years of experience designing the aforementioned systems preferably on K-12, higher-education, and commercial projects.
• Possess knowledge of government mandate for Common Core and it's applicability to the integration of technology into educational environments.
• Solid working knowledge of Structured Cabling Systems from an installation and basic design perspective
• Bachelor's degree preferred.
• Solid process and project management skills are required, including the ability to manage numerous priorities simultaneously while driving the project team to help fulfill the overall project objectives
• RCDD strongly desired; OSP and NTS a plus
• Building Industry Consulting Service International (BICSI) Member desired
• Certified Technology Specialist (CTS) certification a plus.
• Excellent communication, documentation, and organizational skills
• Proficient in AutoCAD, and Microsoft Office required, Revit skills preferred.
• Knowledge of NEC, IEEE, EIA, TIA, industry standards and other applicable codes related to the design and layout of IT, low voltage and telecommunications systems.