Programmer AnalystPosted: 4 weeks ago
- This person will help support the Corporate Bank applications in a technical support role.
•Advanced hands-on technical support with a strong focus on client impact and automation of support processes.
•Ability to understand general security standards and code deployment standards.
•Technical skills in XML proficiency, ability to understand tables and write queries for Oracle Database, Basic understanding of Unix scripting
•Ability to integrate and support vendor supplied software.
•Respond to errors and emergencies within applications and programs.
•Assist in the implementation and maintenance of database and software.
•Document internal procedures.
•Monitor tickets assigned to the queue and process first - in first - out based on priority
•Work closely with infrastructure partners, internal lines of business, testing and developments teams.
•Write design for programs, files /system working with the clients on projects
•Test - Define system tests, conduct tests and verify
•General knowledge of WebMethods, and MQ
•Deploy - Migrate components to higher environments via established standards
Essential Job Functions
- Provides application support and participates in the on-call schedule
- Research issues leveraging application logs/database and infrastructure logs.
- Willing to train other team members
- Leads the deployment of new applications, upgrades and fixes.
- Integrates 3rd party solutions as applicable.
- Creates support solutions that are useable and efficient and can articulate them successfully to others
- Participates actively in solution analysis and creation of technical design, and evaluates 3rd party solutions as applicable.
- Understand the application and how it interfaces with other applications
- Provides planning estimates for development solutions and works with others to encourage idea generation and accuracy of estimates.
- Offers alternative Development tasks to save time and money.
- Completes successful Unit testing, documents results and recommends turn over to Quality Engineering Services or our Operations partners for Integrated Testing within schedule and budget. Encourages all other team members to do the same.
- Documents functions and changes to new or modified applications, test scripts/results and backup/recovery procedures.
- Completes appropriate System Documentation clearly and effectively and communicates to others.
- Communicates when development tasks could be at risk to appropriate stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audience
- Creates code packages, as required, for migrating code to production in mainframe or distributed environment using the appropriate packaging tool.
- Create and follow change request to completion.
- Prepare training materials needed for technical team related to supported applications.
Bachelor's Degree or work experience equivalent
- At least 3 years' experience in application support related processes.
- Very good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with others, and independently.
- Must understand Oracle Database well enough to write queries on the tables associated with this application and possibly others. Must be able to ascertain seriousness of system downtime and adjust urgency as appropriate
- Ability to write a shell script Perform Unix commands on server Analytical Skills
- Ability to quickly identify cause and effect relationships.
- Research to root cause for issue resolution quickly. Able to read XML Able to create and update technical documentation, work flows, context diagrams, playbook, etc…