Cloud (AWS) ArchitectPosted: 3 weeks ago
AWS - Architect position - TWC - New York, NY
Client: Time Warner Enterprise Services
Job Title: Cloud (AWS) Architect
Job Location: New York, NY
Duration(length of the project): 2-3 Months
- Design, Implement and build cloud solutions on AWS or any other cloud services
- Analyze business requirements to drive technical solutions and their framework; Propose solution with project plan for successful execution
- Expert in implementing AWS core services like EC2, RDS, VPC, ELB, EBS, Route 53, ELB, S3, Dynamo DB, cloudwatch etc.
- Performing cloud readiness assessment and provide target architecture and costing in AWS
- Provide HLD, LLD, test plan and prepare execution plan & WBS required for the project implementation
- Provide design guidance POC for our managed services team for continuous optimization
- Lead in architectural decisions and strategies for migration and hosting applications over AWS
- Delivery of customer Cloud Strategies aligned with customer's business objectives and with a focus on Cloud Migrations.
- Ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services on the AWS
- Interact with customers and understand cloud service requirements, transform them into workable solutions, build and test the solutions
- Work on multiple projects and demonstrate technical ownership of the cloud solutions being managed
- In partnership with the account management team, formulate and execute a strategy.
- Educate customers on the value proposition of AWS & and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architect community
- Act as a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support.
- Good to have knowledge in automation solutions for cloud based infra using chef, puppet or any other tools
- Conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers considering or already using AWS.
- 8+ years' experience as an IT Infrastructure Architect, with focus on designing solutions in AWS cloud or any cloud platform
- AWS Cloud Architecture design, implementation and migration experience
- Thorough understanding of cloud architectures IaaS and PaaS
- Design and implement infrastructure environment provisioning, PaaS and or entire application provisioning on cloud platforms
- Strong understanding across Cloud and infrastructure components (server, storage, network, data, and applications) to deliver end to end Cloud Infrastructure architectures and designs.
- Experience with AWS cloud environment sizing, disaster recovery architecture for applications
- Experience in leading a team applying all elements of Technical Consulting
- Good understanding of virtualization, Cloud Services and operations, Web Sites hosting
- Understand and can articulate the technical merits and value of Cloud computing
- Experience in enterprise applications, solutions and data center infrastructures.
- Experience in platform and cloud migrations, including of Mass Migration Toolsets.
- Ability to work with team members from around the globe experience working with off-shore models.