Field Engineer 2Posted: 3 weeks ago
- Respond to technical service hardware repair requests on enterprise-level servers, storage sub-systems, and drives and networking devices at client locations in the area.
- Resolve clients' questions or problems in the areas of system configurations, product functionality, and technical troubleshooting.
- Serve as primary support liaison between company and customer.
- Performs installs, moves, adds and changes as required
- Installs and maintains enterprise servers, mainframe, high-end networking, and complex product configurations, servers, storage-subsystems and drives
- Takes responsibility for additional follow-up, testing and troubleshooting services or problem escalation.
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism in actions, demeanor, and dress.
- Ensures a high level of customer satisfaction throughout the service delivery transaction.
- Technical and Behavioral Skills
- High school diploma or GED required
- The background investigation and drug screen required
- 2 or more years of experience in a field service support role deploying and supporting server and storage systems such as Dell, Client or IBM servers, Cisco networking, and Hitachi or EMC storage arrays.
- Must have valid driver's license and reliable vehicle with appropriate insurance (required)
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair enterprise-level software and hardware issues. Excellent problem-solving skills where problems may be complex or hard to diagnose.
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills to work effectively with internal and external customers
- A+, Client, Cisco, Dell, and EMC certifications are highly desired
- Must be available for after-hours on-call rotation
- Must be available for varying shifts on a rotating basis.