Communications SpecialistPosted: 3 weeks ago
Impact – website – looks at current events and reviews and suggestions – understands news – financial writing background – asset classifications – wealth management fluently
Journalism – marketing –
Ideal – someone who used to be a financial reporter – but have worked and transitioned into marketing **
5+ years –
Issue with people with just writing side – no experience publishing – this person will have ownership over the full product – this role is someone who needs to source – create ideas – publish – be able to manage the details and put into the content manager – compliance sign offs – watch it get published –
Understands the full lifecycle –
What is Impact?
Impact is a global *** Wealth Management financial news website. Articles pair breaking news with the *** view on the news and suggestions on how to position investments in light of current events. The content is for ***' tens of thousands of financial advisors around the world and our clients.
The site is updated daily with 5-8 articles per day (about 600 - 800 words each), and content is a mix of original stories crafted from interviews by the Impact editorial team and content repurposed from our research department and product specialists.
While Impact itself is a website, Impact is considered a nexus of communication at the bank so there are opportunities for the candidate to create and manage other streams of content like newsletters, podcasts and videos.
THIS POSITION WILL WORK IN WEEHAWKEN most of the time with occasional days in the office in NYC. WEEHAWKEN is a 6 minute ferry ride from Manhattan and the office is a one minute walk from the pier.
This is for a part-time employee of up to 30 hours a week. There is potential for eventual fulltime capacity.
Must Have Skills:
1. Understanding of financial markets and how different asset classes work: equities, fixed income, FX
2. 5+ years as a financial reporter or as a writer or editor within financial services marketing
3. Proven ability to work quickly on daily deadlines
4. Experience with a publishing tool and/or content management system
5. Track record of being detail oriented
6. Confidence and comfort with speaking to senior leaders across the bank
Nice to Have:
1. Experience as an editor
2. Experience as a publisher
3. Interest in other media forms like podcasts, infographics, videos
A day in the life:
• Start the day by checking relevant news channels and media. What are the key stories that *** clients are going to hear about in the news today, and what is the *** view?
• Be on top of what research *** is producing.
• Discuss possible articles with the editorial team.
• Participate in a daily editorial meeting with representatives from across the bank, where article topics are decided. Each day's set of articles will be a mix of content repurposed from the
research department and original content produced by the Impact team. Original content is based on interviews with in-house experts.
• Prepare and write content.
• Repurpose research
• Help copy edit other writers
• Either put through the content yourself into a the publication platform or work with the team who helps us with publishing to make sure articles get published onto the Impact site.
• Expect 2-4 daily deadlines a day and therefore must manage time and priorities well
• Assist in putting together a daily newsletter containing pertinent sales information