Field EngineerPosted: 3 weeks ago
The Field Engineer establishes and maintains network performance by building configurations and connections; troubleshooting network problems. They are the face of our company and Field Engineers are expected to provide exceptional Customer Service while onsite.
- Establishes networking environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- Maximizes network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architects on network optimization.
- Secures network system by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Reporting network operational status by gathering, prioritizing information; managing projects.
- Assist with Disaster Recovery operations
- Work in a 24/7 shift environment
- Work as a member of the team, cooperate and assist other members.
- Acts as a technical liaison between clients, customers, and vendors to resolve issues
- Provide one on one application support as needed
- Act as helpdesk escalation point by providing technical support via telephone and remote access
- Understanding of the OSI networking model
- Network Monitoring experience
- Knowledge of various WAN/MAN/LAN technologies for office interconnectivity
- Firewall experience
- Strong knowledge and relevant experience with Microsoft based networking technologies such as DNS, WINS, DHCP, SMTP, HTTP, FTP
- Network setup, administration and monitoring using concepts of SNMP, IPSec, VLANS, IDS
- Experience with Cisco routers, switches and IOS
- Maintain network security authentication including IP telephony security, application security, anti-virus, user authentication, etc.
- Knowledge of and experience with enterprise scale Windows technologies such as Server platforms, Desktop platforms, Exchange Environments, Active Directory, IIS, Windows Clustering, Virtualization and Collaboration tools is required
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server (2003, 2008) running on 32-bit and 64-bit hardware
- Knowledge of Windows Server (2003-2008) administration required; for example, file and share permissions, user administration, security, networking and storage administration
- Intermediate server and LAN administration experience
- Perform systems backups and recovery procedures
- Perform routine maintenance and upgrades for IT infrastructure
- Configure applications: SharePoint a plus
- Develop, document and maintain standard operating procedures and configuration
- Web servers (such as Apache HTTPD)
- Clearing server error logs and reporting any failures
- Fundamental knowledge of ASP.NET.
- Install, de-commission and document hardware and software requests as needed
- VMware knowledge (a big plus)
- Experience with load balancer products (a plus)
- Knowledge of installing, troubleshooting, repairing, and supporting network, server, computer, phone system, and printer hardware
- Windows through to version 10 on workstations and laptops
- Microsoft Certifications (MCP, MCSE, MCSA)
- Accredited College Degree in related field or 3-5 Years' Cisco Switching/Routing and Network Administration related experience