IT Systems Engineer IIPosted: 2 weeks ago
No 3rd party candidates can be submitted for consideration”
ONLY US CITIZEN
THIS IS AN ON-SITE ROLE
Location: – Fort Sam Houston, TX 78234. *San Antonio)
Role: Senior Linux Systems Engineer
H***B okay ? or citizen and green card (Please specify)* : Only citizen and clearable
US Citizenship: Will client accept alternate submission of Non-US Citizen – YES/ NO* : Nope only citizen
Local Resident or flexible to accept submittals for job seekers who may need to arrange travel - Local/Flexible* : Local is preferred
3rd Party Vendors: Will Practice accept supplier who submit candidates through 3rd Party- YES/NO* : No
Prescreen/Phone Screen with CTL IT Service Talent Acquisition Rep: YES/NO: Yes
Interview with CTL Manager: Phone/In Person*: Phone
Potential interview with CTL manager and CTL client: Face to Face*: phone
As a System Administrator, you will be responsible for providing high-quality technical and configuration management support for the U.S. Army IMCOM G6 virtual hosting platforms on both the NIPRNET and Commercial network.
• Develop and maintain enterprise system configuration as it pertains to both virtual hosting platforms
• Work directly with System Owners to resolve issues related to both virtual hosting platforms
• Develop and maintain a Knowledge Base for troubleshooting and maintaining the virtual hosting platforms
• Enforce configuration management controls on both virtual hosting platforms
• Member of the IMCOM G6 Configuration Control Board (CCB)
• Provide regular reports to the government on related issues
• Provide training (as required) to government personnel
• Create/design deployment guides/tutorials for both virtual hosting platforms
• Research and resolve Server related issues, specific to both virtual hosting platforms, reported by end users
• 10+ years of enterprise system administration
• Solid skills and experience in administering and supporting Red Hat Linux operating systems including install, configure, upgrade and patch management.
• Extensive knowledge and hands-on experience with VMWare ESXi 6.5, vCenter.
• Knowledge and experience with Dell server hardware such as Dell M1000e Blade Enclosures and M630 blade servers, Dell Compellent Storage.
• Knowledge and experience with Brocade fiber switches.
• Thorough understanding of Web Delivery Systems to include but not limited to Apache and Tomcat.
• Superb project management, follow-through, and problem-solving/troubleshooting skills
• Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
• Must be able to effectively work well with others
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and set priorities
• Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering (or applicable work experience)
• In accordance with AR 215-3 and the Crime Control Act, personnel requiring access to government Facilities must possess a favorably adjudicated Single Scope Back Ground Check as well as a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) with a FINAL favorable investigation achieved. Additionally a favorable health assessment to include required immunizations is also required.
• Information Assurance Requirement: Per DoDD 8570.1, the contract employee must possess one of the following DoD-approved baseline certifications associated with IAT Level II (GSEC, Security+, SCNP, or SSCP) within 6 months of start date.
• Red Hat Linux 6 or higher.
• VMWare ESXi 5.5 or higher..