Unified Communications EngineerPosted: 2 months ago
We have an opening for an Unified Communications Engineer to support out global UC infrastructure and provide a world class operational user experience. Our Global Unified Communications suite includes Cisco Unified Communications Call Manager (CUCM/SME), Cisco Unity Connections (CUC) voicemail system, Cisco Unified Contact Center Express (UCCX), WebEx Meetings, WebEx Teams, Jabber, Cisco Telepresence units (Room Kits, SX, MX) and vBrick enterprise video solutions.
Role & Responsibilities
- Exercise exceptional judgement to develop complex, technical solutions to solve business solutions across the organization.
- Design and deploy innovative technologies to improve the user experience and enhance current technology offerings.
- Provide advanced operational support for existing and future production Voice video services such as Cisco Unified Call Manager (CUCM), Cisco Unity voicemail, Cisco Unified Contact Center Express (UCCX), IP phones, Cisco Telepresence, Jabber, Cisco WebEx and other IP-telephony and video products as required.
- Develop and document business processes and technical requirements in support of the Unified Communications service offerings.
- Develop and/or integrate tools in support of production voice and video services.
- Adhere to Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) processes and procedures for Change, Release and Problem Management.
- Understand and follow appropriate security policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Relevant work experience as typically acquired in 6 to 8 years.
- Effectively communicate difficult concepts with the UC team and other business departments.
- Extensive knowledge of CUCM, SME, CUC, UCCX, Video endpoints and vBrick.
- Global E.164 dial plan experience, TEHO, and least cost-effective call routing.
- Extensive knowledge of UCCX scripting.
- Network infrastructure to include converged IP networks, Routers, Switches, Voice Gateways, Cisco CUBEs, and VG310's.
- Extensive knowledge in VoIP transport such as, H.323, SIP, Inter Cluster trunking, Call Admission and Control mechanisms, centralization of call processing and trunking services and network policy enforcement (i.e. QoS).
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Handle multiple complex projects.
- Act as an advisor or mentor to junior colleagues.