Protocol TesterPosted: 2 months ago
Role: Protocol Tester
Location: San Diego, CA
Duration: 12+ Months
- Protocol Test Engineer will support execution of Test Cases/Test Suites and debugging issues in operator defined IOT/LC - CDMA/LTE/VoLTE/RCS test plans, collecting logs, basic troubleshooting in US operator and 3rd party vendor IOT/LC lab environment.
- Perform Test Plan analysis, device SW download, perform sanity testing to ensure SW ready to start IOT/LC, configure devices specific to test plan/feature, device logging setup/tools.
- Raise/track PLMs, Initial issue analysis to find device or script issue, prepare test results and send daily status updates to various stake holders.
- Joint troubleshooting with network engineers, operator engineers and 3rd party engineers to isolate network/device/script issues.
- Support Technology Trials - New feature validation support - Lab/Live network testing, integration testing, Troubleshooting/Joint debugging with carrier labs/SMEs.
- 2+ years' experience working on modem protocols (LTE, Advance LTE) and IMS protocols (VoLTE, Video, RCS).
- Excellent knowledge of Qualcomm tools (QXDM, QCAT), Wireshark, Android tools and Issue management system.
- 1+ years of experience in test case execution (IOT/ LC) and joint debugging with network engineers.
- Strong communication skills and a great team player.