Data AnalystPosted: 2 weeks ago
Job Title: Data Analyst
Location : Stamford, CT
Duration : Fulltime
- Proficiency using SQL, Data Profiling, Business Rules Harvesting.
- Work with SMEs to understand our businesses, identify data needs, and document value in making information accessible
- Analyze business/data workflows to identify problems and opportunities that can be address with data
- Create and maintain the data dictionary and ensure our data can be used by other stakeholders
- Conduct effective meetings and foster technology dialog with our team and business users
- Document technical requirements and business/technical process flows
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Intuitive, data-oriented personality with a creative, "figure-it-out” attitude
- Ability to manage time, multi-task and prioritizes multiple assignments effectively
- Deep Dive in identifying design of applications, reports, dashboards, data mapping and data validation
- Work independently and collaborate on complex level data management, quality, governance, reporting and requirements with minimal supervision
- Translate complex data from various data sources; profile and decipher data quality and create the information flows.
- 2 years of experience as a System, Data analyst or similar role with a focus on data
- Experience with any Data profiling tools.
- Strong in SQL and understands .Net and Mainframe code to document the application flow.
- Cloud exposure like AWS is plus.
- Has a significant technical, reinsurance or insurance industry background
- Takes ownership of problems and stays on top of them until resolved
- Encourages others to set challenging goals and high standards of performance