Project ManagerPosted: 1 week ago
Title: Project Manager
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Must have skills:
· Ensuring the project deliverables are strategically aligned with business objectives and defined for the team
· Defining, estimating and scheduling project tasks and interdependencies to achieve the scope through a clearly defined project plan/work breakdown structure
· Identifying project resource requirements and working with resource manager / directors to ensure adequately skilled resources are available to deliver on project commitments
· Holding resources accountable for delivering on the project plan, including providing coaching and mentoring of resources
· Adhering to the approved project methodology for project management and maintains project artifacts and records
· Identifying and tracking key measures of success for the project
· Analyzing project performance, creating cost benefit analysis and identifying optimal solutions that minimize the negative impact and trade offs
· Implementing corrective actions to ensure project success and facilitates project change requests
· Consistently providing internal and external stakeholder communications and progress reports that effectively outline the project status, risks, issues and action plans to ensure project success
· Escalating to the Tech and Business Leadership risks, issues, and mitigation plans listing potential impacts
· Working effectively with business partners, cross commit teams to ensure successful project implementation.
· Transitioning project into daily business operations at the end of the project
The ideal candidate must possess:
· Strong Project Management experience [4+ yrs. experience] with Business Analyst or Development background in Java/web based applications.
· Strong communication & presentation skills.
· Exposure to change management and release management process.
· Solid understanding of the business processes and PM tools (MS Project, JIRA, QC)
· The ability to lead, influence, communicate and interact with people of all levels across the organization and external partners as required.
· Demonstrated proficiency in effectively influencing decision making at various levels of the organizations.
· An attention for detail with the ability to translate for the business.
· Ability to handle changing priorities, manage multiple tasks and work within compressed schedules and deadlines.
· Solid analytical, quantitative and problem solving skills, BA and/or BS in Business, Finance, Engineering or related fields
· Exposure to Agile Methodology.
· PMP Certification.
· Understanding of Core Java, OOAD Design Patterns JDBC, SQL, J2EE, AJAX App Server JNDI Java Servlets JSP UML Java Script EJB Java Profiling Hibernate JSF (Java Server Faces) Web Services Java Mail Struts JMS.