Video TechnicianPosted: 2 months ago
Job Title: Video Technician
Location: San Francisco, CA 94111
Duration: 18 months role
Operation Technician supporting a global, cross-functional, multi-platform video conferencing environment.
Support and problem-solving activities:
• Must have a proficiency in building and coding of video conferencing components, platforms, interfaces, and development tools.
• Comprehensive knowledge of desktop clients for voice and video
• In-depth knowledge of voice and video products APIs
• Video and Voice integration experience with Cisco TelePresence, Tandberg, Acano, Skype, WebEx and Jabber.
• Expert in audio and video equipment including; Crestron, AMX, Biamp, Cisco TelePresence and video monitors.
• 5+ years of support experience with Break/Fix responsibilities on the video conferencing, networking and OS level
• 5+ years of experience operational support for multi-vendor video conferencing rooms at a large enterprise
• Knowledge of fault diagnosis of Biamp, Crestron, AMX, Telepresence, and other video conferencing equipment
• Work with architecture, engineering and product management teams to measure and monitor call and infrastructure health
• Monitor application/infrastructure for alerts, including alerts from downstream components (Telephony, DB and Storage)
• Triage application alerts and take appropriate action for resolution
• Perform housekeeping functions on room systems/ infrastructure (i.e. daily health checks)
• Monitor capacity and performance
• Provide Level 2/3 support, own incident to closure
• Work with vendors (L4) for incident restoral/resolution
• Work with component support teams (i.e. Data Base, Voice/Data Network and Storage) to coordinate activities for remediation of issues
• Incident Management, including installing, configuring and troubleshooting issues.
• Manage the development environment
• Documentation for operational support (i.e. Playbooks, user guides, troubleshooting guides)
• Primary for Problem Management including root cause analysis
• Video conferencing measurement including monitoring, analyzing and reporting on the performance
• Implementation and post-validation of changes