IT Business AnalystPosted: 1 week ago
The IT Business Analyst is a person who understands business needs, assesses the business impact of changes, capture, analyzes and documents requirements and supports the communication and delivery of requirements with relevant stakeholders. The IT Business Analyst is responsible for providing research, analysis and guidance to our business stakeholders and external vendor. The Business Analyst monitors results, elicits requirements for projects or business systems, provides documentation for those business systems, and conducts analysis of business requirements to help determine functional solutions. The individual act as a liaison between the business users and technologists. Have a good understanding of both business requirements and technology and are able to explain the business needs to the technologist and can "translate" technological terms and concepts to the business users/clients.
- Assist business stakeholders and business's BA in requirements elicitation, analyzes the requirements and provides feedback to business stakeholders to ensure understanding and complete requirements.
- Creates functional requirements documentation including use cases from business requirements document; consults with the business clients and external vendor to determine system functional specifications
- Creates Visio process flows to illustrate the impact of changes to existing processes.
- Supports and troubleshoots system/application issues as required, resolving problems and providing timely follow-up on identified issues.
- Support projects from requirements through implementation.
- Provides user and operational support of application to business stakeholders.
- Identifies and communicates project risks and impacts to Project Manager.
- Drives communication between business stakeholders, external vendor and IT; exhibits sound and comprehensive communication to exchange complex information.
- Provides sound understanding of the SDLC and business analysis concepts and principles and a basic knowledge of concepts and principles in other technology areas.
- Applies comprehensive understanding of how multiple areas collectively integrate to contribute towards achieving business objectives.
- Translates requirements into test cases; execute test cases, log and track defects in defect tracking tool.
- Work closely with developers towards defect/issue resolution.
Competencies and Skills Required:
- Experience in banking industry.
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- 5-7 year of experience as a Business Analyst
- Must have at least 5-7 years' experience working in support of computer systems
- Proficient knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle process.
- Ability to forge and develop relationships with key business stakeholders and development teams.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work to meet project deadlines.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Highly motivated with strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work well individually as well as with a team.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Visio, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Excel.
- Working knowledge of Client Quality Center/ALM.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project a plus.
- Knowledge of AML and Name Screening a plus.