Palo Alto Firewall Engineer Mid-levelPosted: 2 months ago
Service Operations (Run)
- Analyzes and troubleshoots firewall/network links, hardware problems or applications.
- Formulates and implements monitoring policies, procedures and standards relating to network monitoring
- Repairs and recovers from hardware or software failures. Conducts emergency maintenance
- Participates in unit, system and acceptance testing by designing tests, building test data, test execution and evaluation
- Troubleshoot firewall break/fix items
Service Transition (Build)
- Follows and implements all configuration management processes and suggests improvements as they pertain to their work unit
- Prepares firewall/network gear for deployment in the data centers
- Assists in developing and interpreting requirements. Translates requirements and designs into standard, functional network systems
- Participates in the analysis and implementation of 3rd party solutions for OCLC applications with the ability to understand the impact and analyze the risk.
Service Design (Plan)
- Designs, tests, and implements multiple components of network systems in a timely manner.
- Tests new technologies that can be implemented for more productive environment
- Requires good technical writing skills including ability to write clear, concise project documentation and ability to draw Visio configurations.
- Requires good verbal communication skills and the ability to interact with other organizations within OCLC.
Bachelor's degree in a Computer Science-related discipline required and skills usually represented by 5-8 years of network engineering in a highly available network environment
- Proficient with Firewall technologies, specifically Palo Alto.
- Experience with firewall migrations Experience with Cisco or Arista routers and switches
- Experience with F5 is desired
- Ability to incorporate technical details into Plan, Build, and Run capability
- Familiar with network monitoring and analysis tools Has successfully implemented at least one significant network engineering project Understands remote site requirements and architecture.
- Works with other areas in implementing significant architectural changes. Successfully manages multiple projects or sub-projects.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems in existing systems
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in a team environment
- Working knowledge of standard infrastructure tools. (Radius, DHCP, DNS, NTP, SYSLOG, SSH etc).