Site Support SpecialistPosted: 4 days ago
3 6 Months Contract
- Client is seeking a Site Support Specialist IV in Arlington, VA to perform the installation, repair and preventative maintenance of personal computer and related systems; assists in determining suitable software to meet user requirements; troubleshoots complex software and hardware failures and identifies network problems when they relate to personal desktop or laptop computers; performs the installation, modification, testing and servicing on all internal/in-house data communications network equipment; assists in the recommendation for improvements and the development of technical standards.
- Assists in ensuring the overall efficient use and functioning of computer hardware, software and peripheral equipment at multiple sites and travels to perform onsite service as requested, up to 25%. Participates in advanced evaluation of computer hardware, software and peripheral equipment and the creation of practices relating to these technologies. Participates in the complex analysis of hardware and software studies and the development of technical requirements documentation.
- Provides customer support, including system use, package selection and functional troubleshooting.
- Provides 3rd level support to other technicians for more complex problems.
- Travels to perform remote onsite service as requested, up to 25%
- Supports Executive Leadership team members
- Assists in the preparation of hardware/software user documentation and provides informal training classes on a limited number of software packages.
- Participates in the installation, maintenance and test of software and hardware as required by department function.
- Provides advanced technical support in the establishment of company policies regarding hardware and software, organizing vendor demonstrations and evaluating options. Assists in the editing and publishing of various technical bulletins as required.
- Provision user workstations using LANDESK/IVANTI provisioning utilities, have knowledge of imaging tools such as Acronis or Ghost.
- Coordinates the installation, maintenance and test of software and hardware as required by department function.
- Overseeing the maintenance of an on-line inventory of computer resources and the tracking of equipment availability status. May manage a "loaner " program for lending terminals and other technical resources to qualified requesters for business purposes.
- Engages with customers to supply appropriate IT resources and provide recommendations as required.
- Engages with other resource specialists and/or technology support staff at the divisional and/or functional levels to ensure consistency in direction and technical advice and the gathering of data for use in developing strategic plans for acquisition of related technological resources.
- Builds and maintains advanced expertise in various company-wide computer technologies.
- Partner with INFOSEC and physical Security departments.
- Four (4) plus years' experience in Desktop, Laptop, Printers, Microsoft Operating Systems and software.
- Exceptional executive customer service experience and proven communication skills.
- Adept in prioritizing and handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Advanced experience in MS Applications and Operating Systems
- Bachelor's Degree or post high school education with 10 plus years' experience within end user support application.
- Selected applicant may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet and maintain the eligibility requirements for access to classified information