Quality Engineer Level 2 / SOA TesterPosted: 1 week ago
SOA tester will provide the support in developing SOA/integration interface test plans and estimates, automated test script development, executing service test scripts, reporting/tracking defects. The tester may also contribute to functional testing as needed by the team. The Quality Engineer is responsible for managing quality and test related process execution with high impact to the business. This includes providing feedback on artifacts developed during requirements and analysis phase within EDGE and other R&D projects, authoring test plans and test automation, and performing test execution for both project and support related activities. The tester should be able to work on different protocols and API's.
Minimum Skills required:
· 8+ years of relevant experience in software quality assurance
· 6+ years of hands-on, automation testing of integration web services (both REST and SOAP protocols) that include database validations
· Demonstrated experience in XML, XSD, XPath, MQTT, Topics, HTTP, HTTPS, JSON, Bytes array message format or Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP)
· Experience in SOA frameworks, processes, strategies, and approaches
· 5+ years of test automation using DevTest / LISA / SOAP UI
· 3+ years of working in an Agile/Scrum methodology
· 5+ years of using Quality Center/ALM for test case management
· 3+ years of using JIRA for user story management and defect tracking
· Ability to succeed and focus in a fast paced environment with noise/distractions
· Point of Sale, weigh scales, mobile devices, etc.
Position Specific Skill Preferences/Desires:
· Prefer 8+ years of automation testing web services using ITKO LISA, CA LISA, or CA DevTest
· Prefer SOA test experience be utilized in the current/most recent project
· Prefer Agile be utilized in the current/most recent project
· Prefer experience working in a SAFe Agile environment
Other Essential Job Functions:
· Work within various test methodologies such as Waterfall and SAFe agile
· Participate in the technical design process with Application Architects on R&D related development projects.
· Test web services using CA Lisa / DevTest or Rest Assured automated scripts, using SDLC best practices.
· Test integration web services (both REST and SOAP protocols) that include database validations
· Demonstrate experience in XML, XSD, XPath, MQ, Topics, HTTP, HTTPS, JSON
· Demonstrate experience in JAVA programming language to write test automation scripts
· Knowledge of SOA architecture, frameworks, processes, strategies, and approaches
· Participate in all phases of API / Integration / web services system testing.
· Elicit & understand SOA testing requirements. Write automation scripts and participate in peer reviews.
· Develop a repeatable process for designing, developing, and executing scripts.
· Conduct tests, document and analyze test results and present findings to development teams.
· Demonstrate experience in Client/ALM for test case management and JIRA for story tracking and defect management.