Community ManagerPosted: 1 week ago
Requirements: Community Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 2-5 Years
Location: Winter Park Colorado
Must Have Skills: HOA management experience
Job Description: Winter Park, Colorado where an unforgettable opportunity waits for you!
Imagine yourself surrounded by incredible mountain views and serene meadows just a step outside your office. We are looking for someone with a strong work ethic and a great customer service attitude to be the Community Association Manager willing to take on the daily operations of the homeowner's Association, including supervising property maintenance, financial operations and managing vendor activity for beautifully located condominiums close to mountain town life and living.
Job Title: Onsite Community Association Manager
Reports To: Director of Community Association Services
Department: Community Management
Exemption Status: Exempt/Salary
Salary: $50-70k Annually
Summary: The purpose of the Community Association Manager is to facilitate, advise
and assist Community Association's Board of Directors in the operation and
management of their communities including education to Board members and owners,
building community compliance/harmony and promoting the general welfare of the
community. The Community Association Manager is responsible for managing the daily
operations of the homeowners Associations, including property maintenance, financial
operations and managing vendor activity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Serve as a liaison between the Board Members, Service Providers, Owners and
* Correspond daily with clients within corporate standards
* Create and Conduct both New Homeowner and New Board Member Community
* Plan, schedule, organize and facilitate Membership and Board meetings of the
Association within the parameters of the governing documents and in keeping with
* Manage the ClientManagement Agreement renewal process for the
client by reviewing the current rate; evaluating and recommending appropriate
rate increases; generate and submit the contract renewal form to the Executive
Assistant; review, present and close the renewal with the client; and ensure returned
signed contracts are submitted to the appropriate person within the prescribed
* Ensure the Association's insurance policy does not lapse and monitor for proper
coverage. Cooperate with the Association in investigating and reporting of all
accidents and insurance claims, including potential claims.
* Regularly perform site inspections to check property conditions, make maintenance
recommendations, and note violations in accordance with the Association's
* Advise Board of Directors on preventative maintenance programs.
* Assign emergency repairs involving danger to life or property as immediately
necessary for the preservation and safety of the residential units and unit owners in
the Association via Company resources and in coordination with Preferred Vendors
and/or with vendors chosen by the Board of Directors.
* Perform on call duties in accordance with the on call schedule and procedure,
consisting of periods of 7 consecutive days, 24-hours per day.
* Review and understand financial statements in order to report and advise the Board
of Directors as it relates to Association's financial status, investment strategies,
including timelines, and operating budget variances; facilitate addressing financial
questions from the Board of Directors in partnership with the Accounting Manager.
* Responsible for the preparation of a Management Report, Board Packet, and Draft
Supervisory Responsibilities: (If applicable)
* Assist staff with technical questions and departmental procedures.
* Ensure that staff members are in compliance with all company policies per the
* Coach and mentor staff to achieve performance goals.
* Provide recruiting requests to Human Resources for available positions within the
department; interview and hire employees.
* Provide timely one-on-ones with staff.
* Monitor and report on staffing needs within the department.
* Review employee timesheets/punches for accuracy.
* Handle disciplinary issues with support staff.
* Create employee action plans as needed.
* On-Time Delivery of Board Packets and Meeting Minutes
* Accurate, Timely and Completed Discussion and Action Items
* Accurate and Timely Owner Notices and Mailings
* Understanding of Community Financials
* Accurate and Timely Invoices and Coding
* Accurate and Up to Date Legal Review
* Accurate and Timely Annual Budget Preparation and Presentation
* Inspections and Violations are completed, reviewed, escalated and closed
* Responsiveness to Support Departments and Team Members
* Clear and Timely Communication with Board Members and Homeowners.
* Deadlines are Met and Requests for Information are Delivered
* Client Retention
* Ensuring services and contracts don't lapse
* Monthly payroll submittal on or before the 6th of the month.
* This position operates in a professional office setting with usage of standard office equipment.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Location: set in the Arapaho National Forest and where skiing is a few minutes from Winter Park Resort's slopes. Skiing, hiking and biking are some of the amenities on the grounds of this laid-back facility where the right manager can be an integral part of building great relationships and maintaining a ski-in/ski-out experience, creating the wonderful year-round memories that bring so many vacationers to the mountains of Colorado. If you like the great outdoors, then this is an opportunity you cannot miss!
Experience and Skills
Education and Experience:
* Minimum two (2) year related experience within the property management industry.
Previous community association experience preferred.
* Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college preferred.
* CMCA designation required after one-year employment with Client
* Minimum of 3 years supervision of staff experience required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Qualifications:
* Must possess personal values that are in alignment with those of the company:
Excellence, Partnership, Professionalism, Integrity, and Life Balance.
* Skill in in policy development and interpretations budgeting, financial management,
risk management, human resources, facilities management, maintenance,
operations, planning and public relations.
* Must possess personal values that are in alignment with those of the company:
Excellence, Partnership, Professionalism, Integrity, and Life Balance
* Knowledge of advanced accounting principles
* Knowledge of management techniques
* Skill in organization and analytics
* Skill in attention to detail, decision making, and problem solving
* Skill in conflict resolution and leadership
* Skill in supervision and management
* Skill in identifying potential risks and providing solutions
* Skill in delivering excellent customer service
* Ability to read and interpret budgets, general ledgers, and financial reports
* Ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments
* Ability to utilize different computer software programs
* Ability to lead large projects
* Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
* Ability to be professional in appearance and presentation
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment
* Ability to strategically delegate
* Ability to develop and maintain a strong rapport with Departmental heads
* Ability to discipline and hold others accountable
* Ability to build strong working relationships with the Community Association
* Ability to be diplomatic
* Ability to perform duties with limited supervision
* Ability to work a flexible schedule in order to meet deadlines
* Ability to make decisions, lead people, and manage resources
* Ability to supervise other employees as needed
* Ability to serve as a role model to others demonstrating Clientcore values
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee may frequently be walking during site visits. Employees may also be frequently sitting and/or standing.
Medical, dental & vision coverage, VTO (volunteer day of service), sick & vacation time, company paid holidays, education benefits, recognition & rewards.